Yamaha NP11 61key Piaggero Digital Piano
Yamaha NP11 61key Piaggero Digital Piano Review
The Yamaha NP11 61key Piaggero Digital Piano is a really good quality compact digital musical instrument from one of the leaders in the musical instrument industry. Yamaha has been designing, innovating, and building high-quality pianos for more than 100 years. The Piaggero is one of lower end digital pianos that seems to be targeting people on a tight budget.
While it might be easy to expect that such a low priced instrument would not deliver acceptable sound quality, however, the truth is that it could not be further from the truth. The sound engineers at Yamaha put a lot of effort into making the NP11 digital piano a far better performer than anyone would expect.
The key to the quality sound production is the Advance Wave Memory (Yamaha AWM) sampling. The sound engine virtually replicates the exact sound that is produced by Yamaha acoustic pianos and other acoustic and electric instruments. The compact, 61-key keyboard features touch-sensitive feel without the extra weighting of the keys that can be found on many other models of digital pianos.
Another advantage of having a digital piano is that most sound engines that are at the heart of a piano like the NP11 Piaggero digital piano is that by pressing any of the 10 one-touch buttons you can change the sound that comes out when you touch the keys. Some of these sounds include a pipe organ, electric organ, string instrument, and several others.
The lightweight, compact design of the Yamaha NP11 61key Piaggero Digital Piano makes it really easy to carry it around between gigs or back and forth to an instructor’s studio. This fact also makes it a really good choice for beginners to use it as a starting point before moving on to a much more respectable model of a digital piano.
Additional information about the Yamaha NP11 61key Piaggero Digital Piano
The Yamaha NP11 61key Piaggero Digital Piano has an eco-friendly feature that is not found on all digital pianos that were included to help conserve battery life. This helps to make it very portable and can be played virtually anywhere since it runs on 6 “AA” batteries. There is no need to hunt for an AC outlet to enjoy the wonderful music being created on this digital piano. It’s lightweight and compact design also makes it really easy to take it on the road with you anywhere that you go.
Who is the target
The lower price of the Yamaha NP11 61key Piaggero Digital Piano makes a really good value for someone who might be on a restricted budget but still wants to be able to enjoy playing the piano. While it would likely appeal to beginners and intermediate level pianist, that does not mean that an advanced piano player would not overlook some of its useful features.
Key Features of the Yamaha NP11 61key Piaggero Digital Piano
- Compact, 61-key style digital keyboard
- An ecologically friendly power-saving mode that shuts off the power after idling for 30-minutes
- Powerful sound system built-in with dual speakers and a two-channel power amplifier with 2.5-watts per channel
- Powerful Advanced Wave Memory (AWM) sound sampling creates a nearly perfect reproduction of the sound generated by a number of different instruments
- Includes a large amount of ROM (Read Only Memory) for holding 20 preset songs (voice and piano demo songs
- Powered by either an AC adapter (matched to the regional power system) or 6 “AA” batteries
- The operator panel has several single-touch buttons for activating the built-in sounds, songs and easy to use the volume knob
- Includes a handy sustain half-pedal for enhanced musical sound
Pros of the Yamaha NP11 61key Piaggero Digital Piano
- The Plaggero Digital Piano is a low priced instrument that features touch-sensitive responsiveness without extra weighting of the keys
- It’s super compact size makes it really convenient for carrying it in a bag that can be slung over your shoulder
- The limited amount of input buttons makes it a really good choice for beginners to learn on it
Cons of the Yamaha NP11 61key Piaggero Digital Piano
- The keys are responsive to the touch, but they are not weighted like so many other digital pianos on the market
- The headphone jack that is mounted on thack only supports ¼” headphone plugs, you need an adapter for other sizes
Is Yamaha NP11 61key Piaggero Digital Piano Good?
Despite its lower price point, the sound that emanates from its decent built-in sound system is capable of filling most average size rooms. The two-channel 2.5-watt power amplifier pushes the beautiful sound out of the pair stereo speakers. For those times that you don’t want to disturb other people in the room, you can use the ¼” headphone jack that can be found on the back of the piano.
Whether you are a beginner or an intermediate level player, there are plenty of things to like about the Yamaha NP11 61key Piaggero Digital Piano. The 61-key configuration of the compact digital piano is much easier to learn how to play. The touch-sensitive keys that have not been weighted give the right amount of tactile response that you would find in some of the most popular acoustic pianos.
The Yamaha NP11 61key Piaggero Digital Piano is very portable and can easily be taken just about anywhere since it can either be battery-powered (6x “AA” batteries) or the AC power adapter. The built-in eco-friendly power saver mode automatically shuts down the machine if it has been idle for more than 30 minutes.
Yamaha NP11 61key Piaggero Digital Piano