Writing has several challenges. Many people are unable to write valuable content. To write well, you must read a lot. That way, you would be able to put your ideas down on paper. The stuff you write should be relevant and logical too.
When writing, you should bear your audience in mind, as well. Otherwise, the content you come up with will not be useful to anyone. When you strive to write with a specific group in mind, your message will always come across well.
In recent years, young people have struggled to write well. They have demonstrated their inability to transform thoughts into words, sentences, and paragraphs. The good news is anyone can learn to write.
The Internet is full of countless resources that you can use to learn to write without a hitch. MasterClass has made plenty of resources available on the Internet. Its videos are in high demand among students who want to polish their skills.
R.L. Stine's Writing for Young Audiences Lesson on MasterClass equips you to excel. Its content goes a long way into helping you to be a better writer, especially for a young audience. Use it to polish your writing skills.
Why R.L. Stine MasterClass
To his fans, Robert Lawrence Stine is Jovial Bob Stine. They also refer to him as Eric Affabee. This American is one of the most successful novelists and short story writers of our time. He has also excelled as a screenwriter and television producer.
R.L. Stine continues to work as an executive editor too. As you may be aware, it’s hard to work as an editor without the appropriate writing skills. His skills have made him exceptional at writing for kids. Because of this, he is the children’s literature equal to the legendary Stephen King.
Stine has authored tons of horror fiction novels. He has several series too. They include Goosebumps, Fear Street, Rotten School, and The Nightmare Room, among others. Worldwide, he has sold hundreds of millions of books.
All that shows MasterClass was right to offer Stine a platform. He has used it to share his experience and knowledge with a broader audience. His content is suitable for anyone who desires to write for young people, including kids.
What does R.L. Stine's class entail?
According to R.L. Stine, kids remain the most fantastic audience to write for. As he has demonstrated, you can only write for such an audience if you see the world through their eyes. You also have to identify their philosophy.
It’s impossible to convince kids to love your work if you are not concise or straightforward. In some cases, slang may work. But, as R.L. Stine points out in this MasterClass, you have to select your language.
In essence, R.L. Stine seeks to equip you with skills for writing for this specific group. He shares his secrets and philosophy with the learner through 28 video lessons. The lessons are accessible round-the-clock too. A class workbook is also available to help you recap the lessons.
R.L. Stine's Writing for Young Audiences Lesson on MasterClass is full of golden nuggets. It touches on almost everything that you need to know about writing for kids and younger people. The curriculum that Stine developed for his MasterClass lessons cover topics such as:
- Three excellent places for finding writing ideas
- Where you can find inspiration for your stories
- How to transition from ideas to describing the plot
- Using cliffhangers and surprise endings to your story to encourage kids to read more
- How to use plot twists, false leads, and surprises to keep your reader glued to the story
- A case study of I Am Slappy’s Evil Twin and strategies that give you a better understanding of your young audience
- How to write for children of different ages
- A case study that compares fiction for young adults vis-à-vis middle-grade students
- How to bring your character(s) and story to life using dialogue and style of prose
- How to develop characters for your middle-grade audience
- Tips for avoiding clichés while building realistic characters
- Choose a point of view with utmost precision
- Tips for writing a compelling hook right at the beginning
- Creating scary moments for the audience
- Tips for making terrifying monsters using inanimate objects
- How to use a mix of humor and horror to separate scary scenes from each other
- How to write the first draft
- Why you must revise your work while getting feedback
- What Stine has learned from his favorite authors about the art of storytelling
- How to overcome writer’s block
- How to develop a book series
- Stine’s advice for people interested in writing as a career
- Tips for promoting yourself as a writer
- Stine’s 20 story ideas that you should take away and use for your stories
- Writing exercises worth using to kick-start the process
- Stine challenges his students to start writing
R.L. Stine's Writing for Young Audiences Lesson on MasterClass is available 24/7 online. Stine has divided the class into 28 video lessons that are easy to follow. He takes you through the journey of his life as a writer.
The class comes with several accessories that help you to grasp the lessons. These include a class workbook that you can download and read at your convenience. The book features an original sketch from Goosebumps and Fear Sheet.
The material is only available online. You only find it at MasterClass. You might struggle to find the content elsewhere. That is common for people who don't love online classes. If you are busy, it might not be possible to go through all the 28 lessons in one sitting.
R.L. Stine's Writing for Young Audiences Lesson on MasterClass is a masterpiece. It is full of golden material from the legend himself. Sign up as soon as possible to get skills that make you an expert or motivate you not to quit.