Are you passionate about writing? Do you wish to improve your writing skills but don’t know how or where to start? If that’s the case, then you’re better off learning from the best. Malcolm Gladwell is one of the best authors in the world today. He has published several books; hence, he knows a thing or two about the whole writing industry that could benefit you. Because of this, the Malcolm Gladwell Writing Lesson on Masterclass is worth joining, as you will see below.
Writing requires several skills, which you need to master. Otherwise, you would struggle to put your point across. Through this Masterclass, Gladwell offers learners diverse tips to help boost the requisite skills. For example, one has to be great at storytelling. To many writers, storytelling comes naturally. However, a number of them struggle with this. In this regard, those who struggle would benefit immensely from this particular Masterclass.
In conducting this Masterclass, Gladwell is also relying on his experience writing for some of the biggest names in the world. For example, he has written for The New Yorker as one of its staff writers since 1996. The research he has put in to churn one masterpiece after the other for The New Yorker makes him worth listening to and learning from. More crucially, the fact that he has successfully published six books makes his voice critical for your success as a writer too!
MasterClass Writing Lesson Online with Malcolm Gladwell Review
What does the Masterclass Entail?
Gladwell is renowned for many articles that he wrote for The New Yorker. However, the two that stand out, and which contributed immensely to his stellar popularity, are The Coolhunt and The Tipping Point. Because of this, you can expect his Masterclass to include lessons he learned while penning those two pieces and more. What is more, the Masterclass is a collection of 24 lessons that cover a multitude of themes.
At the end of the Masterclass, Gladwell hopes to have helped you transform your writing. Through it, he will share his writing practices! More significantly, he will also use this opportunity to show you what he does to find spellbinding stories from some of the most unexpected places. Remember, he once wrote a beautiful piece on The New Yorker on a man who made T-Shirts that cost $8. Back then, he could have written about $100,000 dresses!
Some of the themes his Masterclass cover include the following:
- Tips for structuring a narrative, especially touching on the art of building an imperfect argument
- Helping readers to grasp data and understand the complex ideas he puts across via his writing
- Using surprises, guessing games, and other tools to capture readers’ attention
- How to use research to unwrap wonderful ideas for any story
- Identifying a story that’s worth pursuing
- How to use family and friends to test ideas and develop the story
- Importance of using interviews as the basis for the development of characters in non-fictitious work
- Tips for bringing new characters to life
- Creating the ideal world for each character
- Knowing when to reveal a story rather than focusing more on what the story is about
- Employing punctuation and sentence length to help readers navigate their way through sophisticated ideas
- Employing jargon to keep your readers hooked on to the story
- Customizing tone and voice based on the readers you’re communicating to
- Using humor and melancholy to keep readers glued to your writings
As shown above, Malcolm Gladwell’s Masterclass on writing is necessary! It covers all the basics of writing masterpieces. Through this lesson, you could soon emerge out of the shadows and into the limelight too. You could easily success in writing books or articles for your local newspaper. Moreover, the Masterclass prepares you for success writing for the biggest publications in your area of interest too!
Gladwell doesn’t hold back in this Masterclass. He pours himself out to his students. The fact the Masterclass marks his foray into the world of online writing class makes it unique. You can expect – and rightly so – to encounter lessons that meet the high standards set by others in Masterclass. Over the years, Masterclass has brought nothing but the best teachers and professionals to students all over the world. Gladwell doesn’t depart from the traditions!
Why You Should Join Malcolm Gladwell’s Class
Through the Malcolm Gladwell Writing Lesson on Masterclass, you will learn the tips and tricks for creating captivating stories. Most importantly, you will learn how to present advanced ideas in simple ways that your audience can understand without much struggle. Additionally, you will graduate from the class having learnt to research different topics. You will not struggle to craft characters or distilling complex ideas beautifully while telling stories!
Remember, Gladwell has authored these five The New York Times bestsellers:
- The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference
- Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking
- Outliers: The Story of Success
- What the Dog Saw: And Other Adventures
- David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits, and the Art of Battling Giants
He wrote the first book in 2000. In September 2019, Gladwell launched his sixth book titled Talking to Strangers: What We Should Know about the People We Don’t Know. For these reasons, he is worth learning from if you desire to be a published author. After all, he already knows his way around the industry. Such a person is worth spending on whatever amount it takes to learn from as you find your way in the challenging world of writing!
In Gladwell’s reckoning, a writer can only be as good as the amount of time dedicated to reading. For this reason, he has dedicated part of his Masterclass educating writers on the importance of reading constantly. What is more, he also delivers a lesson on some of his favorite writers. Over the years, Malcolm Gladwell has developed a unique writing style. Furthermore, his content also stands out from the rest thus making his Masterclass worth the $90 a single class costs!