In order for one to be an effective leader, one has to be particularly adept and specifically suited for leadership. Everyone wants to be a leader. However, leadership is often an elusive idea because not all leaders are made equal, which is why studying leadership decisions as well as the behavior of some of history’s most commanding leaders is so important.
If you are among the many that are interested in studying leadership, as well as understanding the traits and patterns of behavior of some of U.S.’s best leaders, then there is only one place to do it - Doris Kearns Goodwin’s U.S. presidential history and leadership lesson on Masterclass.
About Doris Kearns Goodwin
Over the years, Doris Kearns Goodwin has racked up a reputation for herself as the ultimate historian, having written a number of successful biographies and books on leadership and presidency. Cementing her status as one of the most knowledgeable individuals when it comes to the leadership history of the United States, Doris has lots to share with curious learners.
Through the years, she has received several awards, the most notable being her Pulitzer Prize for History, which she was awarded in 1995. Among her other honors and accolades also includes the Carnegie Medal, the Sarah Josepha Hale Medal, the Carl Sandburg Literary Award and more.
What exactly is Masterclass?
Masterclass is an online learning platform that allows any individual to learn from some of the best professionals in various fields that the world has to offer. When students sign up for Masterclass, they get to learn from some of the world’s most famous people. Masterclass is primarily made up of instructional videos and workbooks but students can also interact with one another as well as the instructor in some cases.
Who should take Goodwin’s Masterclass?
To put it plainly, just about anyone can take Goodwin’s Masterclass and walk away having learned something valuable. However, if you consider yourself a history enthusiast or are an aspiring leader, then Goodwin’s Masterclass was designed for you.
This class is also ideal for anyone that has a keen interest in the history of U.S presidents as well as governance in general. Goodwin’s Masterclass is also great for students as it is designed to help them both understand and appreciate history, as well as its place in today’s society.
MasterClass U.S. Presidential History And Leadership Lesson Online with Doris Kearns Goodwin Review
What the MasterClass entails
Goodwin’s entire Masterclass lessons are structured around her leadership experience with four of America’s greatest presidents namely Lyndon Johnson, Lincoln, Roosevelt, and FDR. Not only will you be impressed by her profound knowledge in U.S history, but you will also be pleasantly surprised by how good of a storyteller she is. Goodwin’s depth of knowledge is awe-inspiring so when you take the class, expect to leave with a wealth of information that you can then apply in your own journey.
Goodwin shares so many captivating and gripping stories of former presidents, which allows you, the learner to paint a vivid picture. Because each of the stories shared is linked to practical leadership, it then makes it a whole easier for one to apply the teachings taught to one’s own life. Some of the course content that you can expect include:
- What it takes for one to become a great leader by drawing lessons from great leaders such as Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt.
- The importance of emotional intelligence.
- How to lead a team successfully.
- How to form lasting partnerships and much more.
- How to write history, which is ideal for any young writer that intends to specialize in history.
What the MasterClass payment entails
When you sign up for Goodwin’s Masterclass, students can choose between two payment options, that is, you can opt for the individual classes or the All-Access Pass. Here is what the individual classes get you:
- Goodwin’s individual class costs an affordable $90. When you sign up for the individual class, you will receive access to about 15 video-based lessons on leadership.
- Students that sign up for the individual courses will also enjoy lifetime access to Goodwin’s leadership program as well as any accompanying learning material attached to the course.
- Access to the Masterclass community known as the Hub that allows you to interact with other learners just like you.
Signing up for the All-Access Pass that costs $180 annually, on the other hand, will get you:
- Unrestricted access to all the instructors on the Masterclass platform (not just Goodwin), which gives you greater freedom to explore everything that the platform has to offer.
- You enjoy a 30-day refund policy whether you sign up for the individual classes or the All-Access Pass.
- All the lessons come with comprehensive background material, worksheets as well as extra reading materials that you can download to study.
- The lessons are extremely affordable.
- An impressive quality of video lessons that allows you to enjoy the lessons that much more.
- Learners do not get any certification after completing Goodwin’s course.
- The Hub is not as active compared to many other online learning platforms.
Goodwin, as you might anticipate from an award-winning writer and as one of the esteemed instructors on Masterclass knows exactly what it takes to make a great leader. Not only are her lessons insightful, but they are also compelling and entertaining as well. Along with the high-quality nature of the videos and lessons, Doris Kearns Goodwin’s course on Masterclass is truly worth exploring.
The most amazing thing about Goodwin’s Masterclass is that the lessons drawn from her long illustrious career in the U.S Government over the years can be applied to many situations, regardless of the learner’s position, role or job title. Goodwin teaches valuable lessons that allow learners to develop the ability to cultivate ambition and other vital traits such as empathy and resilience, which in turn produces a visionary individual. If you feel that these are all components that would benefit your life greatly, then you should definitely invest in Doris Kearns Goodwin’s U.S. presidential history and leadership lesson on Masterclass.