We are currently looking for creative writers to help with our classical music related content (writers who have a passion for classical music and know how to make creative and thought-provoking content that is valuable enough to go viral). This includes high-quality lists, play-lists, fun facts, classical music trivia, music quizzes, how-to’s and other sharable content. We wish to find enthusiastic, diligent and responsible professional writers who know when to use their sense of humor. This is also a great opportunity to build your resume, develop your SEO, and social media skills, make career-enhancing contacts.
Candidates will work remotely in this role but must have the ability to work consistently. A creative mindset, positive energy and promptness is a must. Candidates must be timely, create compelling content, find content on the verge of going viral, and drive traffic. Those who exceed traffic goals are entitled to incentives!
This position demands that candidates are native English speakers or must possess a high degree of mastery of this language.
• Freedom to work from any location
• Flexibility to create your own schedule
• You tell us what you can commit to, and we can accommodate as long as it’s consistent (i.e. daily, weekly, biweekly, monthly, etc.)
Reach a huge audience of independent musicians
• Write, edit, and produce daily posts that people want to share in the classical music realm
• Write secondary stories using reliable sources while maintaining unique voice
• Generate ideas for new features and post types including pieces on current classical music – news, clips, album releases, artist reviews, lists, play-lists
• A genuine love for classical music and any other genres (Jazz and Blues are a plus).
• Experience writing for online multimedia (web savvy)
• Acute attention to detail
• Ability to get viral traffic
• Availability to turn around a story in less than 24 hours if needed
• Must be familiar with WordPress with a fair knowledge of Associated Press style and SEO.
• Experience using social media platforms including Facebook and Twitter.
Hourly Rate: Rate to be discussed with qualified candidates
Check out these posts to see what kind of things perform the best on our site: https://www.cmuse.org/category/most-popular/
Please send us an email at email@example.com with an attached resume, and a cover letter with a paragraph or two about you, why you’re interested in CMUSE, links to any writing samples, and why you think you’d be perfect for the Job.