Imagine yourself on a stage rocking to a massive hit as a crowd of thousands of fans shout and scream for joy at your guitar skills. It takes determination, practice and good training to become a guitar idol. Many good guitarists understand the fundamental theory of the guitar even as they improvise and develop their signature styles. The fact is that without good training, it would be hard to become adaptive and infuse different styles of play, which is the mark of a good guitarist.
The guitar is a popular instrument and you can easily find a guitar school even in small towns, but these local schools may not have the breadth of resources that you may need to rise higher. Learning online is your best bet when you are looking for quality teaching talent and learning aids. You will find Grammy award winners offering guitar lessons, as well as other top guitar talents in America and around the world.
The good thing about learning on ArtistWorks is that you can do it in a self-paced mode; download the lessons and watch them and practice whenever it is convenient. If you are a beginner in playing the guitar getting the fundamentals right is crucial, which is why you will find David Butler’s lessons very useful.
ArtistWorks is a music teaching online platform bringing together top talents in music and learners from all over the world. You will find guitar icons such as Bryan Sutton, Paul Gilbert, Guthrie Trapp, Keith Wyatt, Martin Taylor, Jason Vieaux, Dave Stryker, and many more talented guitarists offering lessons on this platform. There are lessons for other instruments as well including mandolin, banjo, and the piano.
Artistworks uses Video Exchange® Learning Platform where students practice what they learn, upload the practice video, and get feedback from their teachers. ArtistWorks has developed over 50,000 lessons accessible to anyone with an internet connection anywhere in the world. The platform’s vision is to give access to affordable but high-quality music teaching to anyone willing to learn.
Who is David Butler?
David Butler is a co-founder of ArtistWorks and a talented jazz guitarist. He is a computer scientist by training, but he always had a love for the guitar from an early age. This led him to think of ArtistWorks as a learning platform for enthusiastic guitarists because he could not find a local jazz guitarist. He founded ArtistWorks with his wife Patricia in 2008.
David offers guitar lessons on ArtistWorks drawing from his experience with the instrument, and knowing what makes beginners feel frustrated and develop poor and incorrect technique. His lessons are aimed at filling the gaps that often trip beginner guitarists. David teaches the acoustic guitar and his lessons are open to anyone, including adult beginners.
ArtistWorks Beginner Acoustic Guitar Lesson Online with David Butler Review
What the Lesson Entails
These lessons are designed for beginners, particularly adult beginners. You will learn to play the acoustic guitar from scratch. You will learn the basic guitar chords, strumming, and picking patterns. You will also be introduced to the basic music concepts and the guitar tab. At the end of the lessons, you will be able to play a few of your favorite easy tunes. Some of the topics covered include;
Basics of the guitar:
- Parts of the guitar and how to set it up
- Tuning the guitar
- How to hold the guitar using the left and right hands
- Training the fingers and developing callouses for guitar play
- Playing and fingering basic chords C, D, and G
- How to change from one chord to another
- Basic music theory; how to combine notes
Playing rhythms and singe notes:
- Basic music theory in counting, rhythm and keeping time
- How to play single notes and develop picking control
- Single note development for major C and G scales
- Playing single note in easy melodies; Three Blind Mice, Frere Jacques, and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
Strumming and making music:
- How to control multiple strings with a pick
- How to play without a pick
- Understanding dynamics and tone quality in guitar play
- How to play rhythm patterns and variations
- Playing open chords E and minor chords Am, Dm, and Em
- Playing F chord with easy tunes “Bird on a Wire” and “Help Me Make It Through the Night”
- Making melody with the key of G and easy melody “Wildwood Flower”
Playing blues and boogie forms:
- Playing the 12-bar blues
- Improvisation for blues
- Playing boogie-woogie of the early rock era
This comprehensive beginner’s course will also teach you how to play 1-6-4-5 progression and make expressive music. You will also develop techniques for the right hand and fingerpicking.
These lessons are offered in HD video which you can loop, slow, and rewind for clarity. you can also upload your practice videos to get feedback from David Butler and fellow learners.
What the Lesson Payment Entails
This course has a pre-release purchase price of $19.99 per month. This will give you access to all video lessons, and hundreds of mp3 downloads to play along for practice.
- Lessons accessible anywhere in the world and at anytime
- Interactive sessions with the tutor for feedback on student progress
- High quality learning from a talented teacher at affordable rates
- David’s lessons are only available in English
If you are a beginner guitarist, you need a teacher and learning aids that establish the correct foundational skills. You will build on more skills and style on these beginner skills which means the beginner training you get makes all the difference between being an average and a great guitarist. You will hardly find a platform offering the resources on ArtistWorks for the price that is being asked for this course. This course comes with huge advantages over conventional guitar classes. You will learn at your own pace, without pressure, and at the convenience in time. The fact that you are learning from the best and the best music classroom is good enough to make this course worth your investment and time.